The undergraduate major in Finance provides students with a background of knowledge and a set of skills to enable them to perform successfully in finance-related fields. These fields reflect both global and domestic dimensions and they include corporate or business finance, financial management in government and not-for-profit organizations, financial planning, investments, banking, insurance, real estate, and public accounting. Students who major in Finance are also eligible to apply to the 4+1 Financial Risk Management Program.
The Finance major is available to students at the Storrs Campus.
Advanced work in the Finance major features a problem-solving and decision-making orientation. Case problems and investment games are used and current developments in the economy and in financial markets and institutions are emphasized to help students appreciate the complexities of financial management. Finance students can earn optional concentrations in Corporate Finance, Valuation and Portfolio Management, and Quantitative Finance.
You will take classes like:
- 陶瓷卫浴企业陷电商瓶颈 技术难题是最大“拦路虎”
- Fixed Income Securities
- Global Financial Management
- Get involved in Student Organizations like: Finance Society, Mock Wall Street, and Real Estate Society.
- Earn your 中国房产中介20年：145万经纪人服务2亿社区家庭 in Storrs, Hartford, or Stamford
- Study abroad and take courses toward your major in places like China, Australia, the UK, and more!
- 从人民币贬值看2015房地产 房价泡沫如何应对？ and gain hands-on experience in stock selection and portfolio management
- 南京：景枫城市山谷划为疑似闲置地块: The FNCE 4891 Academic Internship is designed exclusively for Finance majors in the School of Business
- Explore Learning Accelerators to leverage your professional work experience with skills learned in the classroom
- “双节大促”将火热袭来 互联网冲击家装市场 to see even more opportunities
What types of experiential learning are Finance majors engaging with?
According to a report by Beijing Statistics Bureau, retail sales of consumer goods in the Chinese capital surpassed 1 trillion yuan ($152 billion) in 2015, up 7.3 percent year on year.
Finance is for You
If you're interested in:
- 地板“倒闭潮”言过其实 决策正确是破局关键
- Corporate finance
- Commercial real estate
- Banking and insurance
- 英家具零售商DFS进驻荷兰 明年将开2家分店
and you want to develop strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, while continuously learning about the field.
Learn more by contacting a TME student mentor.
What's Happening in Finance
- Not because I am happy to see the end of what was one of television’s smartest series, a pioneer of what is now generally accepted as the current golden age of small-screen serials.
- 宜家2015年销售增长超18% 中国销售105亿
- 惠州多宗优质地块挂牌入市 楼市调控不放松
- 2/19/2019: Jimmy Tang ’11 Chosen by Forbes as Among the Elite
Apply to Finance
William Mudlaff (Finance '21)
Some Brexiters and Republicans believe in the ideal of absolutely free markets.